Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » UNC vs OSU

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/11/2013 2:12:15 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Wow- talk about a copy of last nights game. Coach pulling a Casey.. looks like it worked for both teams. Going to be a great matchup. I might have to make a prediction this week.
0 permalink
6/11/2013 2:13:24 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
57-10.. Wow that is alot of wins.
0 permalink
6/11/2013 2:15:40 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
What about UNC and NCSU for the title game. Since they did not even complete their series this year. That would be a cool match up.
0 permalink
6/11/2013 3:16:49 PM

borgguy
borgguy
they can not play in the title game, as they are on the same side of the bracket. in fact that is the opening round game

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/11/2013 4:14:00 PM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
We gotta a lot of work to do to even think of this series. I just hope we dont go 2 and que. Our starters are worn out.
+1 permalink
6/11/2013 4:47:33 PM

BeaverQuist
BeaverQuist
I don't understand this thread...
0 permalink
6/11/2013 5:05:47 PM

borgguy
borgguy
I think RD was looking forward to (another) OSU UNC national title matchup... then had the idea that UNC and NCState would also be a good one. to which I pointed out the impossibility of such a matchup...

--
GO BEAVS!
+1 permalink
6/11/2013 7:30:10 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Moot thread. Should have read LSU vs OSU anyway

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
6/11/2013 8:01:38 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Sorry- feeling uninspired and really don't know who to root for. Pretty crazy how many people popped up in my facebook feed as beaver believers... Heck I am not a believer, but I could probably beat most people commenting now who there starting pitchers are, who got hurt the other day, who their pitching coach is etc, etc. Talk about fair weather fans. Well mo st beavs on here know their stuff, but they have been here for years. Has Bryant or Schultz really had that bad of a year? Surprised you guys went with boyd, it worked, but just think of the backlash that would happen if it did not.
edited by Riverduck on 6/11/2013
0 permalink
6/11/2013 8:04:22 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverQuist wrote:
I don't understand this thread...

Yeah, sorry. I was slightly confused. Borguy set me straight. Guess next time I should look at the brackets before I start declaring match ups.
+1 permalink
6/11/2013 8:11:07 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
In my tournament bracket (all 64 teams, not just CWS), I have UNC beating OSU in the final. I hope OSU proves me wrong, but in a good way! I think UNC vs OSU would be the most fun, just because of past finals, even if OSU lost.
0 permalink
6/11/2013 10:41:56 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I have Oregon State beating LSU, but I would gladly watch OSU beat UNC again too. Would enjoy seeing OSU beat NC State and UCLA too, but those would not be as much fun. :p
0 permalink
6/11/2013 11:02:51 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
RD,

Because of the starters, not a lot of relief pitchers got huge amounts of time on the mound. Schultz has had a good year in relief and I believe had 5 saves. Not Sherfy, but we are going to Omaha and he helped.

On another note, anyone heard word on Engelbrekt's lower back tweek from Saturday? He is a very important piece of the bullpen.
0 permalink
6/11/2013 11:04:53 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Dodger Matt wrote:
I have Oregon State beating LSU, but I would gladly watch OSU beat UNC again too. Would enjoy seeing OSU beat NC State and UCLA too, but those would not be as much fun. :p

Been to UNC twice. Won both times. Already beat UCLA this year. NC State would be nice. Would LOVE to play LSU in the finals. Little bit of payback from last year is hanging around waiting to be picked up by the tiggers.
0 permalink
6/11/2013 11:49:19 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
SouthernBeaver wrote:
In my tournament bracket (all 64 teams, not just CWS), I have UNC beating OSU in the final. I hope OSU proves me wrong, but in a good way! I think UNC vs OSU would be the most fun, just because of past finals, even if OSU lost.

I think the other bracket is going to kill a bunch of good teams. OSU's bracket has a bunch of dark horses that you never know. I would say OSU will win it as long as all three starters pitch through 8 and only give up max 3 runs each.
+1 permalink
6/12/2013 4:48:03 PM

borgguy
borgguy
yeah, the other side is a murderers row UNC LSU and UCLA any of those 3 could easily emerge (sorry NCState) from that side. while on paper at least the Beavs look to be heads above the rest on their side....

Riverduck wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:

I think the other bracket is going to kill a bunch of good teams. OSU's bracket has a bunch of dark horses that you never know. I would say OSU will win it as long as all three starters pitch through 8 and only give up max 3 runs each.

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/12/2013 7:07:23 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Watch out for Miss St. Out of every team we play in the SEC every year, I fear them the most. Mirror image of us I just think we have better pitching.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
6/12/2013 8:51:13 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I agree about some payback. It would also be fun to have a new rival in LSU and have some lively discussions with Blake and Hedgehog. Sorry RD, but the Ducks proved to be no match and the Beavs have already had some fun with UNC.

FB, on another note, it was great seeing your brother on Monday night at the game. I can tell there is some brotherly love in your family. Chris was sharing a little bit about your childhood and your bed wetting issues. Sorry to hear. I really enjoyed the phone call from one of his friends at the Tangent Tavern, while at the game, saying that Chris, Dodger Matt, DM's friend Dick, and Ophiman were on TV.

I'm glad he could join us.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:

Been to UNC twice. Won both times. Already beat UCLA this year. NC State would be nice. Would LOVE to play LSU in the finals. Little bit of payback from last year is hanging around waiting to be picked up by the tiggers.

edited by BeaverBob on 6/12/2013
+1 permalink
6/13/2013 12:15:44 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:
yeah, the other side is a murderers row UNC LSU and UCLA any of those 3 could easily emerge (sorry NCState) from that side. while on paper at least the Beavs look to be heads above the rest on their side....

Riverduck wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:

Yeah, even if Oregon had a dream run.. they would go two and you know who.
0 permalink
6/13/2013 12:54:54 PM

borgguy
borgguy
so did we first time around RD... It is expected of a team making a first run to Omaha, especially if your first opponent is the #1 overall seed

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » UNC vs OSU