Also see: 2014 MLB Draft: Who Goes No. 1?
of baseball’s 2014 first-year player draft, which will be held June
5-7, begins in earnest in the next several days. In advance of that
coverage, we offer a sneak peak of the Top 100
Prospects, along with an overview on which players are under prime
consideration for the No. 1 pick overall. As you’ll see, much-hyped
North Carolina State lefthander Carlos Rodon is no longer a slam dunk
for that spot.
The preliminary coverage also includes a comprehensive state-by-listing
of some 2,000 prospects eligible for this year’s draft. The list is
prioritized by state, with rankings of the top talent in the college,
junior college and high school classes, and we have specifically
targeted those players that are projected to be drafted in Rounds 1-3
(Group 1) and Rounds 4-10 (Group 2). Please be aware that this state
list is just our preliminary draft list, and that PG’s crack draft staff will continue to fine
tune the list over the next several weeks leading up to the draft.
Top 100 list is available to Insider-level subscribers and the
state-by-state lists to Premium-level subscribers.
And join the PG staff in the chat room on Thursday, April 17 from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. as we take your draft-related questions.
The top 10:
1. Brady Aiken, lhp, Cathedral Catholic (Calif.) High School
2. Tyler Kolek, rhp, Shepherd (Texas) High School
3. Carlos Rodon, lhp, NC State
4. Jeff Hoffman, rhp, East Carolina
5. Alex Jackson, c/of, Rancho Bernardo (Calif.) High School
6. Tyler Beede, rhp, Vanderbilt
7. Aaron Nola, rhp, Louisiana State
8. Grant Holmes, rhp, Conway (S.C.) High School
9. Nicholas Gordon, ss/rhp, Olympia (Fla.) High School
10. Bradley Zimmer, of, San Francisco
High school players highlighted in blue
Junior College players highlighted in grey
This is Insider Level content. You must be a subscriber to read the rest. Want to read more???Click here for subscription info!(Already a member? Just log in at the top of the page.)
This is Insider Level content. You must be a subscriber to read the rest. Want to read more???Click here for subscription info!